When you want to create, but don’t have enough resources, this boho wall hanging with upcycled material is nearly free. If you are already the crafty type, you are bound to have painting materials, hot glue and string.
Nature is just outside and my family likes to pick up sticks and cool looking branches while we are out walking. They make the perfect craft for little ones and adults alike. We will paint walking sticks and make cool things like this somewhat tribal decor or boho wall hanging.
This is how you create it:
- Find a branch that you like and clean with alcohol. If not already dried out, this will help with that process.
- Paint it! This is the fun part because you can use any color or designs your heart desires. I chose a tribal design. Allow time to dry.
- Now its time for your book feathers. I used an old (not really special) book that’s dated that I often use for crafts. These can sometimes be tricky because the pages are often bridle.
- You will need a template from the computer of a feather that you like. Trace and cut out two sides for each feather.
- Cut long strings (ie kite string) for the feathers to attach to branch. You can adjust the length later when tying to branch.
- Lay your string between the two vintage paper feather pages to sandwich and glue. If you have pipe cleaner handy, that can add volume to your feather.
- Tie your leftover to the top of the branch along with your hanger twine. I choose to tie at each end.
I’d love to hear what kind of nature hangings you’ve created.